Self Care | Healthier Hair
.. a self care share. I love well made products and even more when friends or people I trust recommend them. To spread the word about this brand I'm loving feels easy and since there have been so many questions, I'm posting the top 5 reasons that as it turns out, I'm really liking Prose.
scroll to the bottom for the before/after | read through for my honest feedback. Or click here to start their questionnaire and then you can tell me how you feel!
Instagram totally forced Prose and me on our first date. The ads just kept popping up into my feed and I'm kept clicking on it thinking the packaging was so cute but I didn't love spending a lot of money on products that I haven't tried a sample of (birchbox sucker) or that a friend has talked about. Honest feedback the first week was interesting. While the packaging was actually exciting, I wasn't totally sure if I loved the smell and the texture of my hair felt a little crazy.. Like I started hating touching my hair wet... But due to a hair color that turned out just a little darker than I anticipated I was showering and washing my hair more the second week of Prose than I have in the last six months, possibly put together. It's fine. I have a lot of dry shampoo lying around.
So anyway, it sounds nutty but I think my hair was detoxing. Using a product that is intentional about natural ingredients can often make things seem like they're getting worse and I forgot that. All of the sudden, the corner turned and ta-da, new. I started loving the fragrance and looking forward to using it and I was dreading the ever necessary (because of my pounds of fine hair) detangling. These are good things.
The top 5 reasons I'm loving Prose:
5. The intentionality of the questions when you get started are so thorough and made me think about things I never would have connected with hair care.
4. The cost per use is impressing me. I use A LOT of shampoo and even more conditioner and while I'm pumping the bottle between 10-15x per wash I haven't hit the 1/2 way mark and I'm actually 36 days in. I wash every other regularly but the second week I used it about 5x.
3. The mask feels like a special treat for nighttime showers with wine. YAS!
2. I really love the catching a whiff of my own hair or my pillowcase.... It's delicious.
The #1 Reason I'm Loving Prose...
1. I have noticed the biggest difference in the amount of hair that I shed. I hate when hair is not attached to someones body and just floating or sitting about. If that's a phobia, I have it. When I detangle while I drive or brush or wash there is significantly less hair coming out. I'm so thankful. My hair is feeling full again like it did when I was pregnant and it feels truly healthier. That for me is a huge win. I've let so much hair go for so long (since I was 12) that I didn't know it was an option to have that slow down.
I'm a fan. Click here to get on the band wagon and then tell me all of your thoughts.